We stayed in Bishop on the night of June 7. Up and on the road by 7:40 am in order to make it to Lake Tahoe in time for a 2:30 sail. The weather forecast was for wind, with gusts up to 40 miles per hour. We wondered if the captain would cancel the cruise. The ride up the mountain to the lake was astoundingly beautiful. Many, many beautiful homes set with mountains in their backyard. It was indeed windy, but the captain said "Let's go sailing!". And we did. The captain said that it was impossible for the sailboat to flip since it had an 8 foot keel with lead. However, I'm quite sure it was possible for him to lose a passenger! The tilt was so great at times, that one man's drink went off the boat. Another man from Asia barely missed losing his passport to the waters of Lake Tahoe. I held on tight!
 |
| Beautiful views along the highway between Bishop and Tahoe |
 |
| "Daddy, why is the water so close?" |
I stopped taking pictures at this point, because the lean became even greater and I was holding on for dear life!
 |
| Still smiling at the end! |
No comments:
Post a Comment